Ten startups for ANZ Innovyz START announced
ANZ Innovyz START has announced the ten startups that have been selected for the coveted three-month accelerator program in Adelaide, South Australia, presented by Innovyz and ANZ. Since its launch on February 24 the program received over 130 Australian and International applicants.
ANZ Innovyz START is 12-week accelerator program modelled on the highly successful TechStars Global Accelerator Program in the United States which is rated as the world’s number one. Up to three founders from each successful company below will be moving to Adelaide, South Australia for three months from next Monday May 28 until August 17, 2012.
The 10 companies selected to participate in the 2012 ANZ Innovyz Start accelerator program are:
- Adelaide Baby Bargains: Free online marketplace for preloved baby & children’s goods, Adelaide, South Australia
- Be Intent: Online HR solution that measures mindset, staff engagement, optimizes people performance and delivers measurable productivity improvements, Auckland, New Zealand
- Captioning Studio: Speech to text, video search, web based captioning & subtitling, and tools for those who are deaf and hard of hearing, Adelaide
- Cipher This: Software that automates the creation and integration of puzzles into any author’s original content, Boulder, Colorado, USA
- ConfPlus: Mobile service to facilitate registering, scheduling, networking, and communicating at conferences, Madison, Wisconsin, USA and Beijing & Shenyang, China.
- Credit Key: A web ‘transaction brokerage’ service that vastly reduces the amount of time between the issue and payment of invoices, Adelaide
- iStudent: recruitment of international students with on-line search and enrollment, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- LEAPIN: Cloud-based Property Management System featuring ‘smartphone room check-in’ and a ‘complete web check-in system for the accommodation industry’, Adelaide
- www.mysupervisoronline.com: On
-line resource, support and networking site to assist Honours, Masters and PhD students, Brisbane, Queeenland, Australia.
- P2P Agri: Farm business management decision software, Adelaide.
Dr Jana Matthews, ANZ Innovyz START Program Director, will work with each company to develop a viable plan for commercializing its break-through innovation. The program includes mentoring by successful entrepreneurs, learning programs around growing a company, identification of target markets, working and reworking the company’s plan, and a presentation to potential investors on the final day of the program.
The companies will also receive valuable guidance from 45 mentors from Australia and around the world. Some of the best innovators and business minds will work with the participants to refine their business concepts, shape their business plans, offer advice on marketing and product positioning and leverage their own personal networks. Importantly, the mentors will also maintain an ongoing mentoring relationship with the accelerator participants.
Stephen Dunn, LEAPIN CEO, said, “The ANZ Innovyz START program is the perfect fit for our company at its current stage of development. We have completed R&D and cleared the proof of concept stage. Over the last few months we’ve validated the market demand for our systems from key decision makers in our industry with investment funding from the Australian Government, and we’re now ready to commercialise it! What better way to begin…”
Dr Jana Matthews said, “We were extremely pleased with the large number and high calibre of applicants from Australia and around the world. ANZ has been a great partner in the development of this accelerator program, from providing advice, helping evaluate some of the innovations, securing some of the mentors, to providing funding. ANZ has helped turn our vision into a reality. Without ANZ’s support this accelerator program would not have happened.”
ANZ General Manager for Small Business, Nick Reade, says the ANZ Innovyz START program fits perfectly with ANZ’s commitment to encouraging and fostering more entrepreneurship, innovation and start up businesses in Australia.
“We’ve been impressed not only with the quantity, but importantly the quality of the applicants. It was certainly a challenge to narrow the field down to the final ten,” said Mr Reade. “I look forward to working with all the participants and following them as they accelerate through the next phase of their growth.”
About ANZ Small Business
ANZ is committed to start up businesses and the broader small business sector. Currently the bank of choice for over 390,000 small business customers, ANZ has one of the highest approval rates of loan applications, approving 76 per cent for ANZ start up loan applications. ANZ offers small business customers a range of easily accessible tools and resources to support their business at any life stage, including the ANZ Business Insights Tool which allows registered customers to track sales trends and compare performance with local competitors.
About Dr Jana Matthews
Dr Jana Matthews was recruited to the original senior team of the Kauffman Foundation’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and was the architect of highly successful programs designed to teach CEOs and their executive teams to lead and manage growth.
She is the author of fifty articles and seven books, including Lessons from the Edge and Leading at the Speed of Growth. She has worked with CEOs of growth companies in the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, India, China and other countries in Asia Pacific, has taught at several universities in the region, and was a Global Thought Leader for SAP.
Dr Matthews is the founding CEO of The Jana Matthews Group, based in Boulder, Colorado and an international expert on entrepreneurial leadership and business growth. Named “One of 18 women business gurus in the world” by Pink Magazine, Dr Matthews studied at Yale, the University of London and has a doctorate in management and planning from Harvard University.